Registration for Spring 2016
Registration appointments for the Spring 2016 semester will be held from November 2nd through November 20, 2015 AND from November 30th through December 4th, 2015 (excluding weekends). There will be no appointments during Thanksgiving week.
The Registrar’s office uses an online system to schedule Registration appointments. Please read the attached document for instructions on using this system. It will be available continuously from 9:30 am on Monday October 26th until 3:00 p.m. on December 4th.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM IS FOR CHOOSING AN APPOINTMENT TIME ONLY; THE APPOINTMENT ITSELF WILL TAKE PLACE WITH AN ADVISER IN PERSON AT THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE (ROOM 218).***
Because many classes have strict enrollment limits and are fully enrolled early, you may wish to schedule your appointment for the earliest possible date and time in order to register for your preferred choice of classes.
Students with holds from the Library, Recording Studio, the Bursar, or other MSM offices will not be permitted to make a registration appointment using the online system or view your Spring 2016 schedule until the hold has been cleared. YOU MUST COME TO THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE (ROOM 218) FOR A HOLD-RELEASE FORM TO BE SIGNED BY THE APPROPRIATE OFFICE. WHEN YOU RETURN THE SIGNED FORM TO THE REGISTRAR THE HOLD WILL BE RELEASED AND YOU MAY SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
***ALL APPPOINTMENTS MUST BE MADE USING THE ONLINE SYSTEM. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE REGISTRAR FOR AN APPOINTMENT. THE ONLINE SYSTEM IS THE ONLY WAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR REGISTRATION TIME.***
Schedules for Spring 2016
You may now view your Spring 2016 student schedule online at the MSM student website.
To do so:
1) Go to http://www.msmstudents.com/ At the top of the page, select "My Info" under College Students.
2) Enter your username and password. If you cannot remember either, click the link for "Forgot My Password". You will need to wait to get your username/password before you can access your schedule.
3) Select "My Class Schedule".
If you currently have a hold from any MSM office (Library, recording studio, scheduling, etc), a message will appear. You will need to settle the hold before you are able to view your schedule.
From here, you can use your browser's print function to print a paper copy of your Spring 2016 schedule.
SPRING 2016 QUALIFYING EXAMS
Below you will find the schedule for all Qualifying Exams for the Spring 2016 semester. Also attached you will find the application forms for all exams.
A few reminders:
1) The theory/aural skills exams and piano/keyboard exams each require an application and $30 fee, payable at the bursars office.
2) The Music History qualifying exam only covers the undergraduate classical music history core sequence. There is no fee for the Music History exams, but you MUST complete an application form to take the exam.
3) You may apply to take the exam for ONLY one level of theory and/or aural skills per semester. This does not apply to the piano/keyboard and music history exams.
4) If you wish to apply for both an aural skills exam AND a theory exam, you must fill out 2 separate forms, and pay 2 separate fees.
5) You may NOT re-take a theory or aural skills exam that you have already taken and not passed. Again, this does not apply to piano/keyboard or to music history.
6) The applications are due on the dates listed on the schedule. Late applications and incomplete applications will NOT be processed. Please take the time to fill out your applications clearly and completely.
7) There are no Jazz qualifying exams given in January.
To download the schedule of Spring 2016 qualifying exams, CLICK HERE.
To download the application for Theory/Aural Skills exams, CLICK HERE.
To download the application for Required Piano/Keyboard Skills exams, CLICK HERE.
To download the application for the Undergraduate Classical Music History exam, CLICK HERE.
Catalog for the Academic Year 2014-2015
To download a copy of the current Academic Catalog, Click here.
Concert Attendance Policy
Click here to download the Concert Attendance Policy and Instructions.
Spring 2016 Course Offering and Elective Listing
To download a current copy of the Spring 2016 Course offering, CLICK HERE (updated 10/26/2015)
To download a copy of the electives offered for Spring 2016, CLICK HERE (updated 11/30/2015)
Spring 2016 Textbook Listing
To download a listing of the textbooks for courses for Spring 2016, CLICK HERE.
**Please note: Prices denoted are suggested retail price, not MSM Campus Store prices. The MSM Campus also sells used copies of most texts at a discounted rate.